Important Changes & Updates due to COVID-19
Dear Parents of Green Forest Art Studio,
As we have been tracking local government and school district responses to the coronavirus, Green Forest Art Studio has made the decision to suspend in-person classes for two weeks at both our Union City and Fremont studios starting on March 16 (Monday) until March 29 (Sunday). We will resume classes on Monday, March 30. Since the situation is evolving, we will post any updates to this schedule on our website at https://www.greenforestartstudio.com.
At this time we are introducing an online option for students that would like to continue taking art classes during this period. Classes will be held using video conferencing with a maximum of 4 students per class/instructor. We have prepared material packets catered to each lesson which can be picked up at the studio. While this option does does not replace in-class instruction, we feel this is a positive alternative given the situation. To indicate your interest please complete the form on this page with your Student’s Name and your Phone Number and we will provide you with a link to signup.
We are truly grateful for your understanding and support.
Green Forest Art Studio
- Note: If you decide not to participate in the online classes, your existing paid sessions will be paused and any remaining class credits will be carried over when our studios re-open. (You will not loose your existing credits if you choose not to participate.)
- Tuition for online classes (and usage of class credits) will be the same as our normal classes, although max student to teacher ratio for online classes will be lower than our normal in-person ratio.
4/6/2020 (Mon) Update:
- We have had great feedback from the students and parents participating in our first 4 weeks of online classes. Given the current situation, we have prepared lessons and materials for the next 10-15 weeks.
- Material will be ready for pickup at Union City and Fremont this Sat 4/11. Please call/text 415-595-4680 to schedule your materials pickup.
I’m Interested in Online Art Classes
After you complete the form below, we will reply with a link to a Google Sheets page where you can sign up for your preferred timeslot.
- Please contact us to arrange for pickup of materials by texting us at 415-595-4680.
- Please download the Zoom application prior to the start of class.
- We recommend students follow the instruction on a laptop/desktop computer with an attached webcam. This will allow our teachers to see the students’ artwork during the class and provide feedback to them during the lesson. Alternatively, students can use a tablet/phone but students will need to hold their artwork up to the camera periodically for the teacher to review.
- Note: We have ordered an initial supply of 40 webcams that will be made available for purchase and pickup at the art studio on a first-come first-served basis. (Many webcams appear to be out of stock already online.)